LITT Global Pty Ltd
This policy applies to your use of any LITT Global service (collectively, the “Services”), including use of the Website and the LITT mobile application (the “App”). This policy forms part of and is incorporated into the User Terms of Service and the Vendor Terms of Service. Unless otherwise specified, capitalized terms used in this policy have the same meaning as set forth in the User Terms of Service.
You may visit the Website anonymously. You are not legally required to provide us with any personal data and may do so (or avoid doing so) at your discretion. If you do not wish to provide us with your personal data, or to have it processed by us or any of our Service Providers (as defined below), please avoid any interaction with us including visiting the Website or using the Services.
1. Data Collection
When you use the Services, we collect the information that you provide, usage information, and information about your device. We also collect information about you from other sources like third-party services, and optional programs in which you participate, which we may combine with other information we have about you. All information about you that we collect is referred to herein as “Personal Information.” For the purposes of this policy, Personal Information means information that identifies a natural person or information from which a person’s identity can be reasonably determined.
We collect the following types of Personal Information:
A. Information that You Provide to LITT Global
i. When you download the App or create an account with LITT, we collect the
Personal Information that you provide to us, such as:
– Email address;
– Mobile telephone number;
– Gender identity;
– Date of birth;
– Personal interests;
– Payment information;
– Login information and account details for any social media networks or pre-existing accounts on external platforms or websites that you choose to connect to your LITT account;
– User-generated content (i.e., posts, feedback, comments, photos, videos).
ii. We may ask you to provide your full name, address, email address, and phone number. Such details may be shared with third parties for purposes such as sending gifts or delivery of products using the Services.
iii. When you complete your profile, you can choose to provide additional information, such as photos and videos. Providing this information is voluntary and there is not requirement to do so. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information and making it public to other Users.
v. If you connect and interact with other Users through the Services, you can provide content, comments, and any other information that you choose to provide, which may be visible to other Users of the Services.
vi. If you contact our customer support team, we will receive your email address and may track your IP address, as well as the information you send to us to help resolve your query. We will keep records of our communications with you, including any complaints that we receive from you about other Users (and from other Users about you). We also process any communications with other Users using the messaging functions within the App.
vii. If you do not provide your Personal Information when it is requested, you may not be able to use the Services if that information is necessary to provide the Services or if LITT Global is legally required to collect it.
B. Information Collected by the Services When You Allow Access
i. Location Information
If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you’re using, including GPS, Bluetooth or wi-fi connections. LITT Global uses your location information to notify you of AR stories, events, rewards, and promotions near you.
The Services collect location information (including GPS and wi-fi data) differently depending on your settings and device permissions. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the Services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. LITT Global may also infer the general location of your device and the geographic regions in which Users are located. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it. Any geolocation information that we collect before you decline permission will remain stored in our database unless you separately request that such information be deleted.
ii. Content Information
We collect content you create, upload, or publish using the Services and information about the content you provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
iii. Usage Information
We automatically collect information about your activity on the Services, such as how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages that have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertisements on which you have clicked), how you view or otherwise interact with content, and how you interact with other Users. We may also keep track of how you interact with links available on the Services, including third-party services and Users by redirecting clicks or through other means. We may share aggregate click statistics, such as how many times a particular link or page was visited.
iv. Device Information
We collect information about the devices you use to access the Services, including device model, IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, identity of carrier and manufacturer, radio type (such as 4G), preferences and settings (such as preferred language), application installations, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. In addition, if you permit us to do so, the App may access your device’s address book or calendar.
If Users grant any of the permissions listed below, the applicable Personal Information may be processed (i.e., accessed, modified, or removed) by the Services:
Allows access to the location of a User’s device. The Services may collect, use, and share Users’ location data in order to provide location-based services. If granted background permission, the Services will collect location data while the App is in background mode or not in use.
– Motion or physical activity
Allows access to or tracking of changes in a device’s location.
Allows access to a device’s camera and capturing images and videos on a device.
Allows access to the contacts and other profiles stored on a User’s device.
Allows access to and recording audio with the microphone on a User’s device.
– Photo Library
Allows Users to select photos or videos from their device’s library to upload and post in the App.
vi. Cookies, Analytics, and Third-Party Technologies
Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the Services.
You may control the technical information that LITT Global collects. Although we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application, you can manage your cookies preferences— including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them— through your browser or device settings. Please note that, if you disable or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may miss out on certain features of the Services and some aspects of the Services may not function properly if you choose to disable cookies. By choosing to disable cookies, you agree to release LITT Global, along with its officers, employees, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, and licensors, from any and all claims, liability, and losses that may arise out of, result from, or relate in any way to your decision to disable cookies (including any limitation on your ability to use the Services).
C. Information Collected Via Third Parties
i. Third-Party Services
Third-party services provide us with information needed for core elements of the Services, as well as for additional services, programs, loyalty benefits, and promotions that can enhance your LITT experience. These third-party services may include background check providers, financial service providers, marketing providers, and other businesses.
We obtain the following information about you from these third-party services:
– Information to make the Services safer;
– Information about your participation in third-party programs that provide things like payment, transaction, and fraud detection information;
– Information to operate loyalty and promotional programs, such as information about your use of such programs;
– Information about you provided by specific services, such as demographic and market segment information.
ii. External Accounts
You may be able to use existing accounts on social media networks and external platforms or websites to create and log into your LITT Account. When you log in using your credentials for a pre-existing account, we collect information from that platform.
iii. Referral Programs
If someone refers you to LITT, we will collect information about you from that referral, including your name and contact information.
iv. Other Users and Sources
Other Users, such as participating Vendors, as well as other public or third-party sources may supply us with information about you (i.e., as part of an investigation into an incident or to provide User support), which we may combine with other information that we have about you.
2. Data Use and Processing
A. All Data Subjects
LITT Global may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
i. To Provide the Services
Your personal information enables LITT Global to provide a satisfactory experience on the Website and App. We may use your Personal Information to:
– Verify your identity, and create and maintain your Account, settings, and preferences;
– Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests;
– Communicate with you via email, phone, social media, or mobile device about AR stories, events, rewards, and promotions, or other products or services that we think may interest you, including notifying you about LITT Deals and Giveaways;
– Facilitate transactions and payments and arrange the delivery of products or services, such as LITT Cash and LITT Deals and Giveaways;
– Communicate with you about the Services, including (without limitation) to notify you of any modifications to the LITT Global User Terms of Services, Voucher Terms, Deals and Giveaways Terms, or this policy and ;
– Develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Services and other sites, including providing LITT Deals and Giveaways that are appropriate to the age of Users;
– Link the various devices that you use so you are able to enjoy a consistent experience of the Services on all of them.
ii. To Maintain the Security and Safety of the Services and Users
To better provide you with a secure and safe LITT experience, we may use your Personal Information to:
– Authenticate users;
– Address ongoing or alleged misconduct;
– Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures to misuse of the Services or User misconduct;
– Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences;
– Block and remove unsafe or fraudulent Users from the Services.
iii. To Improve the Services
We are always working to enhance and improve your experience with the Services, including providing new and helpful features. To do this, we may use your Personal Information to:
– Perform research, testing, and analysis, including for the purpose of measuring the performance of the Services and understanding how the Services are used (i.e., analyzing Users’ interactions with content in order to streamline the Account registration process and using or redeeming LITT Cash or other vouchers with participating Vendors;
– Develop new products, features, partnerships, and services;
– Prevent, identify, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues, including tracking troubleshooting or compatibility issues with various operating platforms and devices to provide Users with proper and stable access to the Services, as well as implementing updates where necessary;
– Monitor and improve our operations and processes, including security practices, algorithms, or other modelling
v. To Comply with Laws or Other Obligations
We may also collect your Personal Information to:
– Comply with applicable laws;
– Cooperate with authorities in connection with an investigation into any User of the Services;
– Perform internal administrative operations, including accounting, risk management, fraud prevention, payment processing, record keeping, archiving, and development and testing;
– Manage and protect our business interests, legal rights, and obligations under the User Terms of Service, Vendor Terms of Service, Voucher Terms, Deals and Giveaway Terms or this policy.
B. EEA Data Subjects
If you are located in the European Economic Area, LITT Global will process your Personal Information based on valid legal grounds, including:
– Upon receipt of your consent to LITT Global’s processing of your Personal Information by LITT Global (which consent may be withdrawn at any time);
– For LITT Global’s legitimate interests to operate, provide, or improve the Services;
– As needed for LITT Global to provide access to, and use of, the Services; and
– Where such processing is authorized or required by law.
3. Data Sharing
To make the Services work, we may need to share your Personal Information with other Users, third parties, and service providers. This section explains when and why we share your Personal Information.
A. Legal Compliance
We may share your Personal Information in response to a legal obligation or if we have determined that sharing your Personal Information is reasonably necessary or appropriate to:
– Comply with any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
– Respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order);
– Enforce our Terms of Service or other policies;
– Cooperate with regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement agencies, and courts concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law;
– Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety or the rights, property, interests, or safety of any person, as required or permitted by law
B. Users and Prospective Users
You share information with other Users when you voluntarily disclose information on the Services (including any public profile). This information may then be shared—by LITT Global or by Users—with other current or prospective Users of the Services, such as participating Vendors. If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you, then such content or information will be visible according to your settings.
C. Service Providers, Partners, and Other Affiliates
We may engage certain third-party companies and individuals to perform services complementary to our own. Such service providers may include hosting and server co-location services, communications and content delivery networks (CDNs), data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, fraud detection and prevention services, web and mobile analytics, data enrichment, e-mail and/or SMS distribution and monitoring services, call, session or activity recording and analysis services, remote access services, performance measurement, data optimization and marketing services, social and advertising networks, content providers, e-mail, voicemails, support and customer relation management systems, or legal, financial, or compliance advisors (collectively, “Service Providers“).
We may also share information with affiliates or partners that distribute and assist us in advertising the Services (“Partners”). In such instances, we may share relevant contact, business, and usage details with the respective partner, such as limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form. If you directly engage with any of our partners, any aspect of such engagement that is not directly related to the Services and facilitated by LITT Global is beyond the scope of LITT Global’s Terms of Service and other policies, and therefore may be governed by the partner’s terms of service and other policies.
All of our Service Providers and Partners must agree to be bound to strict confidentiality obligations.
D. LITT Global’s Personnel, Subsidiaries, and Affiliated Companies
We may share personal data internally within our company, for the purposes described in this policy. In addition, should LITT Global, or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, negotiate or undergo any change in control or ownership—such as a merger, acquisition, or purchase of substantially all or part of its assets—Personal Information may be shared with or transferred to the parties involved in that transaction. If we believe that a change in control might materially affect any Personal Information stored with us at the time of such change, we will notify you, via e-mail or prominent notice on the Services, regarding the transaction and any choices you may have.
E. Social Media
In order to promote the Services or increase engagement between Users, we may—or allow other Users to—share content that you post or publish on the Services on social networking or social media platforms.
At your direction, your Personal Information can be shared with social networking and other online services (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) by posting information to these applications through links available on the Services. You understand and agree that the use of your Personal Information by any social networking websites or platforms will be governed by those platforms’ policies and your settings on those platforms. We encourage you to review those platforms’ policies.
F. Upon Further Direction or Anonymization
LITT Global may share Personal Information in additional manners with your permission and upon your direction, if we are legally obligated to do so, or if we have successfully rendered such information non-personal, non-identifiable, and anonymous.
4. Data Storage and Location
LITT Global implements a variety of security measures designed to maintain the safety of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information is held on our company servers located in Sydney, Australia, in a controlled environment with controls designed to protect it from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
5. Data Retention
We retain Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary in order to maintain and expand our relationship and provide you with the Services and other offerings, comply with our legal and contractual obligations, and to ensure that we can perform legitimate business functions, like accounting for tax obligations, all in accordance with our data retention policy. LITT Global takes measures to delete or de-identify your Personal Information when it is no longer necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, unless we are required by law to keep such information.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, LITT Global will consider the volume, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information collected, the potential risk of unauthorized use or disclosure of the Personal Information, the purposes for which LITT Global processes the Personal Information, and whether LITT Global can achieve those purposes through other means. LITT Global will also account for relevant requirements and retention periods under applicable laws.
6. Data Security
We have implemented reasonable security precautions to protect collected information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. Accordingly, LITT Global cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you provide through your use of the Services—including Personal Information. You understand that, when you provide information online, you do so at your own risk. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, logging out or signing off after using a shared computer, choosing strong passwords, and keeping log-in credentials private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity that results from unauthorized access to your Account.
We engage in service and promotional communications, via e-mail, phone, SMS, and push notifications.
We may contact you with information regarding the Services. For example, we may send notifications (through available means) regarding changes or updates to the Services, billing issues, log-in attempts, or password reset notices. Other Users may also send notifications, messages, and other updates regarding their use or your use of the Services.
We may also notify you about new features, additional offerings, events, special opportunities, or other promotional information that we believe will be of interest to you. We may provide such notices through available means of direct contact (i.e., phone, mobile, or e-mail), through the Services, or through marketing campaigns on other sites or platforms.
You can unsubscribe from LITT Global’s marketing communications via the link provided in the communications. Alternatively, if you do not want to receive marketing communications from LITT Global, please contact LITT Global at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
8. Aggregated Personal Information
LITT Global may anonymize and aggregate Personal Information collected through the Services and use it for any lawful purpose.
9. Data Subject Rights
LITT Global provides ways for you to access and delete your Personal Information, as well as exercise other data rights that give you certain control over your Personal Information.
A. All Data Subjects
I Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe in those messages. We will still send you transactional and relational emails about your use of the Services.
ii. Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Services.
iii. Account Information. You can review and edit certain Account information you have chosen to add to your profile by logging in to your account settings and profile. By default, other Users will be able to view certain information—including your username, profile photo, and comments or content that you post to the Services. To change whether information is publicly-viewable, you can adjust the settings in your Account or on the specific post.
iv. Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing location information through your device’s system settings. But if you do, this may impact LITT Global’s ability to provide you with our full range of features and services.
v. Cookie Tracking. You can modify your cookie settings on your browser, but if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies, you may be missing out on certain features of the Services.
vi. Do Not Track. Your browser or device may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web or mobile applications and services that you do not want them to track your online activities. The Services do not currently support Do Not Track requests.
vii. Deleting Your Account. If you would like to delete your Account, you may do so directly through the Services or send us a request to delete your account using the “Contact Us” page on the Services. In some cases, we will be unable to delete your Account, such as if there is an issue with your Account related to trust, safety, or fraud. When we delete your Account, we may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations. When we retain such informatiom, we do so in ways designed to prevent its use for other purposes.
viii. Other Rights. Depending on your jurisdiction, and as otherwise provided by law, you may have other rights and choices regarding the Personal Information that we collect from you, our use of your Personal Information, and our communications with you, such as:
– the right to be informed as to how your Personal Information is being used;
– the right to request access to Personal Information that LITT Global maintains about you;
– the right to correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
– the right to request deletion of your Personal Information;
– the right to restrict processing of your Personal Information;
– the right to retain and reuse Personal Information for your own purposes;
– the right to object to the use of your Personal Information;
– the right to object to automated decision-making and profiling;
– the right to withdraw consent that you previously provided to LITT Global in connection the processing of your Personal Information, at any time. (Please not that later withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that occurred before such consent was withdrawn.)
We encourage you to contact LITT Global at any time if you wish to exercise your rights in relation to this policy. If you wish to submit a request regarding your Personal Information, you may also do so by completing the request form located here. LITT Global reserves the right to verification of your identity before acting on any request that you may make with respect to your Personal Information.
B. EEA Data Subjects
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain data protection rights. LITT Global aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information (known as “Personal Data” under the EU General Data Protection Regulation).
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us using the contact information set out below.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
– You can request access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you where we are the data controller and confirm that we are lawfully processing it.
– You can request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to revise any incomplete or inaccurate information that we may we hold about you, though we may need to verify the accuracy of any new information you provide.
– You can request deletion of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to erase or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us to continue processing or retaining it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully, or where we are required to delete your Personal Information in compliance with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your deletion requests for specific legal reasons, which will be made known to you at the time of your request, as applicable.
– You can object to the processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) but you nevertheless feel that our processing of your Personal Data negatively impacts your rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may be able to demonstrate that we have compelling, legitimate grounds for processing your information that may override your objections.
– You can request restrictions on processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios: (i) if you want us to establish the information’s accuracy; (ii) where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (iii) where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it, as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to our use of your information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds for its use.
– You can request that your Personal Data be transferred to you or to a third party. We will provide your Personal Information, to you or a designated third party, in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information that you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform our obligations pursuant to a contract with you.
– Where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that occurred before the withdrawal of your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time when consent is withdrawn.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to data subject requests.
You also have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
C. California Data Subjects
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with the additional rights. If you are a California resident, please visit our California Resident Privacy Notice for supplemental information regarding your rights.
10. Children’s Data
THE SERVICES ARE NOT DIRECTED TO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN (13) AND CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN (13) ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OR REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT. It is expected that all Users recognize the sensitive nature in working with children and keep confidential other Users’ Personal Information, consistent with the Terms of Services. LITT Global does not knowingly collect any information about, or market to, children, minors or anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If you are less than 13 years old, we ask that you do not submit information to us. If we become aware that a child, minor, or anyone under the age of 13 has registered for an Account with us and provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to terminate that person’s registration and delete their information from the Services. If we do delete your Account or profile because it violated our rules regarding children or Account eligibility, we may retain your email and IP address to ensure that you do not attempt to circumvent our rules by creating a new Account or profile.
11. External Links and Third-Party Products or Services
The Services may contain links to external websites, products, or services that are not ownerd or operated by LITT Global. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of external websites or services, which may differ from ours. We encourage you to review the privacy policies for any external websites or services that you visit and, if you have questions, contact them directly.
By disclosing your Personal Information to third parties, you acknowledge and agree that:
– Such use of your Personal Information by third parties is not within LITT Global’s reasonable control
– LITT Global is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties;
– This policy does not apply to your activities on third-party services or any information that you disclose to third parties;
We may update this policy from time to time as the Services change and privacy law evolves. If we update it, we will do so online and, if we make material changes, we will let you know through the Services or by some other method of communication, such as email. When you use the Services, you are agreeing to the most recent version of this policy.
13. Contacting LITT Global
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy or anything in this policy, including if you need to access this policy in an alternative format, we encourage you to contact us.
You may contact LITT Global via email at email@example.com
Last updated: February 22, 2022